Thursday, August 6, 2009

His Achy Breaky Heart

It's going to take some time to post pics and stories from our vacation to San Antonio, but here's just a little snippet of one of my favorite moments at Sea World. It happened while we were waiting for the gates at the water park to open. We had some time to kill, so Tyler decided to make some new friends. They were girl friends.

And it appears girls can be krool even before they know how to spell krool.

We girls can be finicky and Tyler had an experience that will prepare him for what could come those darn hormonal teenage years.



And, while a mommy never wants to see her little boy sad, it's probably good that he has some time to learn how to deal with these situations with dignity.

Because less than two minutes after experiencing this embarrassing rejection, Brian noticed some fellow line standers staring at Tyler. He looked down to find that Tyler had pulled his swimsuit down and was peeing on the sidewalk. I guess he was trying to re-establish his manhood after such an embarrassing rejection. Mortified, Brian grabbed Tyler and spun him toward the grass.

Guess where I was sitting.

Let's just say I made a beeline for that wave pool as soon as the gates opened.

1 comment:

Country Asian Guy said...

I stood on the side of the road and peed today after our car broke down. Does that make me a man? I like to think so; because all the men here squat to pee. And they wear dresses (or lungis, but they look like dresses). And I had the decency to wait until no cars were passing. But I didn't see the woman on the other side of the river bank until after I was done. Great impression of Americans to leave with people who've likely never seen a white person... except on TV. Wow, that's embarrassing. But, enough about me. Good for Tyler for getting back on the horse, even after getting bucked off. He's a sweet little boy.

Post a Comment