Saturday, February 6, 2010

"There's No Balls Here."

So, we have another little baby on the way.

To say I'm just a little excited is like saying Tiger Woods likes women.

Someday I'll be ashamed I used a Tiger reference in this blog about my little baby.

I am beyond cloud nine in excitment. Something about that second baby taught me I really can love more than one. And, I'm so thankful he did. I feel like I relish this pregnancy so much more because I know the love that is coming.

So, here is the first time we got to "meet" Baby E.



I wonder if Tyler's statement at the 35 second mark is prophetic.

He was, of course, talking about some toy in the room with us. Or maybe he went all prophet on us and we have a little girl coming our way.

God help me. I have no idea how to fix little girl hair. I can barely manage little boy hair.

We had decided to keep the boys in the dark about what was happening. It would be a few weeks before we made this news public. So, though the sonographer says it's my heartbeat, it's actually the baby's. 168 and strong. Such a beautiful sound!

When we finally showed the boys the sonogram, Tyler declared it a rock in my tummy. I think they get it now. While we still enjoy a good wrestling session, they are so much more careful with me whenI remind them. Noah is hoping for another brother while Tyler wants a sister. I'm guessing one of them will be right.

As for me, yes, it would be fun to have some pink around the house. But, I do love my boys and I am honored that I get to raise them. Mostly, I am just trying to enjoy every bit of this pregnancy because it's likely my last. Every mommy mainly wants a healthy baby. I'm 16 weeks along. I can't wait to feel it swimming around in there.

March 2nd - the big day! Baby will, hopefully, cooperate for the sonogram. We'll see if, indeed, there's no balls here.

1 comment:

gina amin said...

Jennifer! I am beyond excited for you and I hope you have a girl! But just remember gurl...if it' a boy, it's Brians fault cuz they determine the sex. No pressure Brian :) I sooo hope you have a girl. You would be so good with a girl! She will be strong, independant, beautiful and so loved!

Post a Comment