Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Call of The Wild

Satchel the Cat has found a new hobby.

I walked into the recesses of our garage the other day and discovered this...


It seems Satch has taken to collecting animal pelts. I'm guessing this used to be some floppy-eared bunny. Some people pay good money for their authentic furs. I just own a cat that's gone rogue on us.

Tonight, she delivered this to our doorstep.


Needless to say, I'm a little freaked out.

And, if I walk into the garage to discover this someday,

well, I guess I'll appreciate knowing our cat is keeping our local taxidermist in business.

5 comments:

Country Asian Guy said...

But only if you get some "benjis" out of it, seeing as how your cat is providing for his family.

Anonymous said...

Yes, if this recession means we can't afford to buy meat, well, we can always count on Satch to bring home the bacon.

Country Asian Guy said...

Wait... how many aminals can you own? Seems to me, there's a limit as to how many pets you can have. And you clearly have 7 now: Barley, Satchel, Pacey, Bailey, Payton, Noah, and Tyler. How much to keep quiet about this?

Anonymous said...

Noah and Tyler fly under the Homeowners' Association radar. They are classified as "human" for now. As for Pacey, you remember we found a new home for him? One with a couple of elderly people who don't scream, play, run around naked (I hope), etc. like is common for our household. Pacey was getting senile in his old age and needed a quieter setting before he got himself killed. He was always darting out the door everytime the door opened and that was a lot of fun, as you can imagine. I was so worried he would get hit by a car and decided this would be the wiser option, even though I bawled my eyeballs out.

Country Asian Guy said...

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Sorry to bring up any old memories. He's in a better place. Well, probably not because he was a fun little turd to play with, but I guess it's better for him overall.

Post a Comment