Monday, May 11, 2009

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

They say moms forget what having a baby is like. The moment we look into those sweet little squinty eyes, we forget all the pain we endured to gain the privilege of gazing into them. That's how we keep having babies.

It seems that, as we did our family planning and decided now would be a good time to add another member, I forgot one thing.

We now have two in potty training.

And one of these isn't motivated by M&M's.

And, considering we had four potty accidents today (each with two), I'm sure thankful we invested in one of these.

But, wouldn't you know it, just when I thought I had my bases covered, Tyler shrieked that Puppy was trying "to get (his) shoo-wee." I ran around the corner to find Puppy madly trying to get the poop out of Tyler's diaper.

While he was still in it.

I pulled her off and bent over to see if anything managed to work its way out of the diaper. And, just as I bent over to inspect...

She licked me. Right between my nostrils.

So much for puppy breath.


*She will herein be referred to as Barkley. And I wish she'd quit licking my toes right now.

2 comments:

Country Asian Guy said...

HAH!

Steph and Tim said...

I think I need to invest in one of those steam cleaner things too because, like you, I feel that the poop particles are beginning to invade every inch of my home :(

Post a Comment