Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Put Me In Coach, I'm Ready to Play (Clap, Clap, etc.)

Noah's wrapped up his first season of an organized sport, T-Ball. I confess I would've chosen another sport for his first experience if Coach Barton hadn't asked Noah to play. Is it un-American that America's Favorite Pastime is one of my least favorite sports? Something about it being nine innings and involving a lot of standing around. Still, there's something pretty special about watching your child on the field and seeing his enthusiasm at getting to bat or chase after the ball. Also, I think the fact that it was limited to two or three innings helped. A lot.

Hello, MLB, are you paying attention? Potential female fan for life if you change that nine inning rule.

We are SOOO proud of you, Noah, and had so much fun watching you suit up every game and strut your stuff in your cap and knee highs (they have a manlier name for those socks, I'm sure). You are so proud of your uniform, we went to wake you from your pre-game nap one day and discovered this...Not much of an intimidating game face, but that's dedication for sure.

He's got two rainout make up games left, but it looks like we'll be celebrating my cousin's wedding in Colorado next week. So, here's a little wrap up of Noah's season as a KC Royal. (Incidentally, Brian's hoping he gets traded to the Cubs next year. That should surprise exactly no one.)

Y'all feel like some John Fogerty to guide you through some pics?

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today! (Right after it poured at the start of the game. We also ignored the lightning storm over Frisco, but chancing the potential lightning strikes seemed a little more desireable than telling a bunch of fired up four and five year olds to pack up their bats and head home).
See what I mean? They're intimidating. Especially the one waving to the camera and the one holding a bag of animal crackers in his teeth.

We're born again, there's new grass on the field. (So we can pick at it and kick our feet at it while some kid's at bat across the field).

A-roundin' third, and headed for home, it's a brown-eyed handsome man; (Our Noah Jack!)

Anyone can understand the way I feel.

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;

You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.

Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all - a moment in the sun;(pop)

It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!

And, now, your SportsCenter video highlight.


1 comment:

Country Asian Guy said...

I'm reminded of an old Kenny Rodgers song: I Am The Greatest. Check it out. I think it may pertain to this young man. Love y'all!

Post a Comment