Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love Covers A Multitude

Just a few hours ago, the bedtime routine involved this - much crying, cajoling, hissing, threatening, spanking...all delightful ways in which to end my two little treasures' day and send them off with wishes of sweet dreams and no bed bug bites.

Truly, it is not always that bad, just on the days when naps were too short or ignored altogether. Because those seem to lead to sneaking into your brother's room to play basketball and dump Mr. Potato Head's body parts all over the floor. More than once. More than twice, in fact.

Tyler eventually emerged from his room a final time, little flecks of poop on his hands and two-year-old explanations that can basically be summed up with, "I pooped. And, I touched it." More than twice, in fact, by the looks of it.

Sigh.

Bath #2. In less than an hour. And, despite all the vigorous scrubbing (of him and his room) and hot water, I swear one can never escape the reality that there are little flecks of poop all over this house. There is simply no way to clean all of it - even with Lysol wipes, vinegar water and the steam cleaner, whom I love. I just know the poop has made its way into the fibers of our carpet, of our blankets, of our clothes and of our souls.

But, you know, I guess I welcome the poop. Because with the poop comes a lot of kisses. Like the kind Tyler planted on my cheeks tonight each time I threatened to deliver death by tickles if he didn't. With the poop comes sweaty boys clambering for a spot on their mommy's lap, begging for the tickles. And, with the poop comes a feeling of, "What did I ever do before the poop?"

Sigh.

Tonight, I am thankful for the poop.

2 comments:

Gina said...

i think kids get together and conspire and sign secret kid contracts to vow to have at least one picking and spreading the poop episode in their lifetime. This story is hilarious to me because Zane did this just yesterday. I saw little rabbit pellets all over the floor and he brought me one too! " Mommy, I pooped"!

Country Asian Guy said...

I can't believe you women and your children's poop! Thank goodness I don't have any turd monsters running around... yet! =*/ Now I'm sad... Ronery, I'm so ronery. I have nobody to carr my own!!!!

Post a Comment