Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the Root of all Evil = MATH

Isn't that in the Bible? Or something like that.

Last night, Noah used big, confusing words like "parallelogram, a rhombus is a slanted square, a pentagon has five sides, a hexagon has six and an octagon has eight."

Noah is in preschool. Preschool, people.

I'm beginning to worry I won't be able to help him with homework beyond third grade. Did I even know how to spell my name when I went to kindergarten? There was certainly no talk of rhombus' or hexagons when I was five.

Thank goodness Brian taught math for eight years!

Wait...is that right?

2 years at Anna Middle School
+ 2 years at Faubion Middle School
+ 2 years at Van Alstyne High School
+ 2 years at Boyd
8 years

Whew! At least simple addition hasn't left me!

Wait, they do still teach that through first grade, don't they?

4 comments:

Country Asian Guy said...

There's this Katt Williams comedy sketch, very funny, where he talks about his memories of school. He was asked to spell kitchen. He sounds it out and spells it accordingly. He's then asked to spell knife. He sounds it out and spells it "N...I...F...E...". Of course he was wrong because of the silent "K". That's why he loved math, because it followed a certain logic. "2 + 2 = 4. It sho' does. E'rytime." Until they got to trig (I think). "3X + Y = what?". "Do you hear this? Is she still teaching? Um, miss, did you know some of them was letters?". I laughed so hard. But it has a lot of foul language, so I don't recommend watching it. But that doesn't make it any less funny.

Gina said...

men = kids - labor pains :)

Country Asian Guy said...

Okay, see Gaya, that was uncalled for!

Gina said...

Had to represent for my ladies :)

Post a Comment