Monday, August 31, 2009

Adam & Eve - Made in the USA

The boys have a Bible memory match game. It's pretty handy for reinforcing some of the stories we've told them from the Bible and introducting them to new ones.

This depiction, however, of Adam and Eve caught my eye. I think it was the initial shock of seeing two very delighted people standing naked behind some bushes. I've been naked and I've stood behind bushes before, but never at the same time. And I'm guessing I wouldn't be in a state of bliss if I had.

Second, I'm guessing Eve did not come with bleach-blonde hair. Unless the garden of Eden came with a Toni and Guy. Which, in some people's utopia, it would. Anyhow, it's a wonder Adam named her Eve and not Barbie.
And who could resist that precious little snakie peeking out of the bushes and smiling? I mean, really, I'd always pictured an evil-eyed snake with a Gollum-like voice that slithered in and out of tree roots. This little character makes me want to pinch his snake cheeks and give him some cotton candy. It's no wonder Eve couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Gina said...

hmmm...the placement of the snake worries me ;)

Post a Comment