Monday, August 10, 2009

How 'Bout Them Cowboys

So, one member of our family made mention of the Cowboys training camp and how it would conveniently be in San Antonio the same week we were.

I'll let you guess which guy had this brilliant idea. Hint: He's the only guy not pouting or wistfully looking off at the highway in this pic.

He was most excited to see three guys in particular...Romo #9, Stephen McGee #7 (Gig 'Em Aggies) and Martellus Bennett #80 (Whoop). He took 21 pics and 12 video clips of our boys. Our Cowboys, that is.



As for our actual boys, they enjoyed running around the passageways of Alamo Field Arena Stadium (whatever it's called) with my parents. For over two hours. Seriously. Where do they get the energy? My parents, I mean.

Me? I was really glad this guy was there...
Because while Brian tried to point out complex plays and explain complicated routes, I was really digging the shenanigans Rowdy put on. That guy is hilarious. Although his plastered politician smile kinda creeped me out. Still, he kept me pretty entertained for about 30 of the 147 minutes of my life spent watching some overpaid divas toss the pigskin. But who's counting.

And while this guy in the Romo jersey put on a good face post-practice,
I can guaran-dog-tee you that he spent more time studying this stick outside than he did studying Romo's passing routes.

Ah, well. At the end, Brian said practice had been one of the highlights of his year.

And that made all 147 minutes worthwhile for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment