Monday, September 21, 2009

If You've Got It, Phlaunt It

I strolled around the Square the other day, something I rarely do. I had special ordered something for B's birthday, so I decided to kill some time while the welder was at work.

I could afford shopping on the Square if we could just stop feeding our kids just adore the Square. I love the atmosphere and the chance to browse in such a charming part of town. I can feel myself relaxing as I slowly stroll in and out of the stores there. I do enjoy a good window shop, even if I don't buy anything.

I stepped into one whimsical looking store and noticed this belt buckle...

Which, I guess if you're going to carry around some baby fat, you may as well own it and bling it up. Shake what 'cha baby gave ya!

And, I've decided to start addressing my baby fat as baby phat. I did go to high school in south Dallas, so I like to think my fat cells have a little hip hop in them. They are just in there, dancing around to some Will Smith. My mid-section is getting Jiggy With It.

I found out later that Baby Phat is actually an upscale urban clothing line. I thought this buckle was just a clever way to own your belly phat. I guess when your clothing line comes from Old Navy and Target, you kind of lose your hip hop fashion knowledge somewhere along the way.

Incidentally, we've been needing a new toilet paper holder. So, here is what the welder made for Brian.

We will, of course, be mounting that upside down as pictured. The Aggie Spirit is alive in our house. And in our bathroom.

So, holla. And, Gig'em.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I just about fell out of my chair in laughter when I read you thought Baby Phat meant baby fat! You crack me up!

Post a Comment